SPCC #47 and Heather's Sketch #113

5/10/2010 01:20:00 AM Posted In , Edit This 3 Comments »
I thought that I'd sneak in a card here in the midst of a crazy-busy schedule. Just gave me a chance to create a bit. This week is finals week for me. I teach 5 classes, and will have about 200 final exams to grade. I will need to take a few creativity breaks! As if things weren't mad enough, I have managed to catch a miserable cold (I still don't know why we say "catch", because I sure didn't pursue it). I know, I know, do I want some cheese with that whine? Maybe I need to call a whaaaa-mbulance. Whatever!

This little card uses the SPCC color combo #47: Close to Cocoa, Creamy Caramel, and Bermuda Bay - gorgeous combo, in my book! You should really see what you can come up with for this combo and enter it over at Samantha's blog. She always has a lovely prize for the winner! For this card, I used Heather's sketch #113. She has a new sketch every week. I love all of the layers on this sketch. To make it more fun, I added a lot of texture with Cuttlebug folders. I cut the little label shape with my new favorite Nestabilities, and the stamped image is from The Angel Company (TAC). It is from the set Everyday Cuties - a huge set with lots of adorable images. I got it in my starter set from TAC, and I can't wait to use more of them. I colored the image with watercolor pencils, and then used a water brush - fun, fun, fun!

Well, I hope that you'll check out those other blogs. And no matter how busy you are, take a little time for yourself!

3 comments:

RobbynW said...

So cute, love that image Sue!
Robbyn - SP Diva

Kristin - The Fifth Sparrow No More said...

SO SO CUTE! Love that image!

-Kristin SP Diva

Unknown said...

That is darling! That image is the cutest thing ever, feel free to send me an e-mail when you have the site up and running and I can order from you :)