On-Line Crop Party - Fun Folds

3/08/2013 09:00:00 PM Edit This 2 Comments »





Welcome to my challenge in Scrapmaster's Paradise On-Line Crop Party. I am delighted to be a part of the fun and excitement! Samantha has fun and prizes over at her blog, including a new challenge every hour. One of the things that I like to do is to make cards with different folds. For this card, start with a standard 8-1/2 x 5-1/2 card base. After folding it in half, trim 1/2 inch from the long edge of the card front. This will accommodate the "bonus card". For the extra card, I used the Spellbinders Labels 9 (available at the SP&Co store). I cut and folded a smaller piece of cardstock, and placed the die so that it cut the shape, but kept the fold. For this card, I used SP&Co stamp sets Lucky Day, Mix 'n Match Sentiments: Basics, and Vintage October: All Zipped Up. Try this and follow the instructions at Scrapmaster's Paradise.

I can't believe how much time goes by between my blog post anymore. At a time in my life when things should be slowing down (my nest is now empty), I seem to be busier than ever. Between teaching, my involvement at my wonderful church, being president of our local PFLAG chapter, and a few other activities, I am blessedly busy all of the time! I still make time for stamping with my wonderful peeps, of course. I have also started a crafting day at my church and have led cardmaking workshops with the Kansas State University chapter of Society of Women Engineers (they needed a fun break from studying, and later made Valentines for hospitalized children). I am crazy busy, but life doesn't get any better than this! And someday I will learn how to format these blog posts without all of the weird gaps! Also, blogger has changed and I cannot get the hyperlinks to work, so here is Scrapmaster's Paradise: http://www.thescrapmaster.com/ and the SP&Co store: http://spandcompany.com/store/


Sue

2 comments:

Curt in Indy said...

Hello Sue! It was good to see you had commented. I've thought about you a lot lately. Can you send me an email to say hello so that I can email you back? Best, Curt

Curt in Indy said...

Hello Sue! I was so pleased to see that you stopped by my blog. It was so nice to "see" you again. Thanks for the very kind comment. I love fun fold cards, especially ones that are out of the ordinary. This one fits that bill. Great job on this. I really like the design. I certainly hope you are doing well and that things are wonderful in your world. Hugs, Curt