SPCC 15 - I Only Had Eyes For Him

9/14/2009 02:46:00 PM Edit This 11 Comments »

This week's SPCC colors posed a bit of a challenge for some, but I had just been waiting for the right combo for this picture of my son. He and Alison got married three years ago. As is the case with most weddings, everyone turns as the bride enters the church with her daddy. But I was watching my son, and was lucky enough to catch his eyes as they welled up with tears as he first saw his beautiful bride coming down the aisle. I wasn't sure how the photo would turn out with my point-and-shoot camera (my son had told me that he didn't want me sitting up front taking pictures during the wedding, so I didn't use the flash).
If you haven't yet checked out Samantha's awesome SPCC blog, you are missing out on some serious fun, sometimes-crazy color combos, and wonderful prizes. This week's sponsor is Memories Forever Scrapbooking, and they have donated some wonderful embellies (who can't use more of those?).
Here are the details on this LO: CS is SU basic Black, Really Rust, and Whisper White. I ran the three strips of rust through the Big SHot with a Cuttlebug Embossing Folder. The journaling square was printed on Whisper White (I'm not sure if you can see it, but the image behind the journaling is a photo of the church, printed at about 50% transparency). The flowers are Heidi Grace Clear Flowers, inked with Brilliance White, and attached with brads. The butterflies are from SU Live Your Dream (one of my favorite sets), and the title was done on the Cricut with SCAL (not sure which fonts). I hope that this inspires you to look at things a little differently!

11 comments:

Daniella said...

OMG!! I love this! I have 2 boys. I will surely be hysterical at their wedding. Your son is so handsome!!

Emily said...

Such a sweet layout! Love this.

Emily-SP Diva

Do What You Love said...

What a lovely layout Sue - you really made the color combo challenge pop! Beautiful - just beautiful!

Anonymous said...

very sweet lo. I like all the flowers. elegant but not too girly.

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Great photos :)

Love your LO - it DOES work and it looks GREAT!

Stephanie said...

Great LO Susan! Way to go!

Craftastic Life said...

Wonderful LO and what a awsome moment to catch on camera!

Elise said...

OMG! That's a beautiful story behind that L/O! I love it! You are a special scrapper, that's for sure! Fantastic work here, Sue! Thanks for popping by my blog! I'm so delighted you did! Much happiness to your delightful family!

~kelly marie~ said...

Beautiful LO! SO pretty!

heidi said...

I just love the story of this layout! Thank you for sharing it. It's true - we rarely see documentation of what the groom is doing when the bride is revealed.

Heidi SP Diva

Audrey Frelx said...

This is a beautiful card! Love the soft color of the blue.